Your Music is Your Product, Believe in It
Derek Sivers, CEO of CDBaby.com said, in so many words, the first thing someone will do after they hear your music or band name is forget who you are. This was both obvious and subtle to me. So many artists today are so worried about “selling out” that they don’t put themselves out there.
I’ve been going to Nashville a lot over the years. One of the first companies to embrace me and let me write with their writers was Carnival Music. The president Frank Liddell happens to be married to Lee Ann. So the song “fly” which I co- wrote with Carnival writer Brent Cobb got into her hands and she liked it enough to cover it!
Are you unsure about what you must do to get more gigs? You could be causing problems for yourself by thinking that “venues aren’t looking for bands in this moment,” or “there’s too much competition for my band to stand a chance”. Fact is, these statements are based in excuses.
This is my debut as a solo artist and songwriter. I hope it attracts people to my work and allows me to make more records and play some shows at some point too. In the mean time I just want to keep writing with other artists, playing guitar and bass on sessions and live, and making commercial music.
- The Doughnut Around BandCamp, Reverbnation and SoundCloud I’ve been familiar with all BandCamp, Reverbnation and ...
- String Nuts & Saddles The string nut and saddle play a vital role in your ins...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- AirTurn: Hands Free Page Turner // // AirTurn : Hands Free Page Turner I was getti...
- The O-Generator Acoustic Music Maker Make real music on-the-go!!! Whatever your musical abil...
- RT @TAHALast: I'm raising money for E Central MN Fund 4 Families. Click to Donate: https://t.co/1rxERMSz2N via @gofundme10 days ago
- 70% OFF THE ULTIMATE INDIE BUNDLE BOOM! #musicians #songwriters https://t.co/MH38keBr3Q17 days ago
- RT @DigitalTourBus: .@ismfofmusic show off the gear they use onstage! Watch the video at https://t.co/lq9Oms18V1 #GearMasters https://t.co…17 days ago
- RT @copromote: Apple might buy Jay Z’s #Tidal music app https://t.co/xpIYYgKXWa via @TechCrunch https://t.co/vKzEppQ5uN24 days ago