Is Your Finger in the Dam?
To be blunt, find someone who likes your music; someone who believes in what you are doing. It’s easy for a publicist to charge a small band a lot money and not really doing anything, so make sure they dig your tunes, fit your style, and want to be a part of what you’re doing.
This is how DICKIE’s bio starts: DICKIE is a contrast in design. To pair a mid-forties gray-mopped “hang-it-up-already” pop songwriter and a striking mid-twenties classically trained violinist is simply a formula for deserved obscurity. But in practice, the balance proves a brilliant alliance.
I’ve been going to Nashville a lot over the years. One of the first companies to embrace me and let me write with their writers was Carnival Music. The president Frank Liddell happens to be married to Lee Ann. So the song “fly” which I co- wrote with Carnival writer Brent Cobb got into her hands and she liked it enough to cover it!
Are you unsure about what you must do to get more gigs? You could be causing problems for yourself by thinking that “venues aren’t looking for bands in this moment,” or “there’s too much competition for my band to stand a chance”. Fact is, these statements are based in excuses.
This is my debut as a solo artist and songwriter. I hope it attracts people to my work and allows me to make more records and play some shows at some point too. In the mean time I just want to keep writing with other artists, playing guitar and bass on sessions and live, and making commercial music.
- Promotions AirturnGet : a FREE AirTurn Tee Shirt with Your Next O...
- The Doughnut Around BandCamp, Reverbnation and SoundCloud I’ve been familiar with all BandCamp, Reverbnation and ...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- I Want to Play Clubs that Pay Me. How Do I Do That? I wish all musicians would just stop playing for free b...
- Singers and Smoking Motivation for quitting smoking, smoking cessation and ...
- #Musicians, sign up to secure your artist profile at Snapwave today! #headabovemusic #snapwave https://t.co/Nx3j6Vv4Or12 hours ago
- Promotions https://t.co/JtT2ymDAv1yesterday
- Check out Danielle Ate the Sandwich's new video The Terrible Dinner Guest! #musicians #denvermusicscene... https://t.co/P9k2JfZGQP2 days ago
- This is an awesome deal from @stickermule for 50 die cut stickers #musicians #headabovemusic This is good until... https://t.co/nysH2aBwbL7 days ago