Attention Music Critics
I speak from a position of having spent years as an independent musician, and have suffered enough from the likes of fickle, fad-obsessed, wanna-be hip, pricks such as yourselves. I’m sure this note will only serve to entice you further into your egomania, and strengthen your resolve to curve the trends of music toward your own narrow field of interest, but nonetheless, I’ve kept my silence long enough through your prolonged, overrated display of public masturbation. If I sound bitter, that’s because I am, and because I’d like to see a day when integrity returns to the world of music. Maybe I’m too hopeful.
Since 2002 this multi-award-winning band has performed in over two-thousand venues across the United States and Canada entertaining thousands with their fusion of old time musical instruments, stunning vocals and modern beats… emerging with a fresh new style.
To be blunt, find someone who likes your music; someone who believes in what you are doing. It’s easy for a publicist to charge a small band a lot money and not really doing anything, so make sure they dig your tunes, fit your style, and want to be a part of what you’re doing.
This is how DICKIE’s bio starts: DICKIE is a contrast in design. To pair a mid-forties gray-mopped “hang-it-up-already” pop songwriter and a striking mid-twenties classically trained violinist is simply a formula for deserved obscurity. But in practice, the balance proves a brilliant alliance.
- Singers and Smoking Motivation for quitting smoking, smoking cessation and ...
- Promotions New Promotions, Discounts, Coupons and More!
- 20 questions every band should answer Want to know if you’re cut out for a full-time music ca...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- The Doughnut Around BandCamp, Reverbnation and SoundCloud I’ve been familiar with all BandCamp, Reverbnation and ...
- #holiday #gifts under $50 for #musicians! https://t.co/CFEauVA1w8 https://t.co/jRTem1fvbX21 hours ago
- Denver, Colorado, Don't miss this show! #denvermusicscene HomeVibe Presents Check out info on his new documentary... https://t.co/PUPk40u93Vyesterday
- 10% off all open box gear with code: OPEN10. EXTENDED thru 12/9/16 https://t.co/INVGamNehmyesterday
- Stephen Kellogg will be in Denver, Colorado at The Walnut Room Dec 10th for the Homevibe Presents 10th Holiday... https://t.co/O13yeGyFoP8 days ago