Your Music is Your Product, Believe in It
Derek Sivers, CEO of CDBaby.com said, in so many words, the first thing someone will do after they hear your music or band name is forget who you are. This was both obvious and subtle to me. So many artists today are so worried about “selling out” that they don’t put themselves out there.
What was once second nature becomes a constant fight. Years of practice, study and natural talent can completely disappear forcing a complete relearning of everything they once knew, or worse the end of their musical career.
AirTurn, Inc. has announced the release of the STOMP 6 — a wireless, six switch foot pedal. The STOMP 6 connects to any Bluetooth-enabled device and works with hundreds of apps to perform tasks that simplify music performance.
I am Danielle Ate the Sandwich, an indie folk songwriter from Colorado. Last January, I recorded an album in 24 hours. I started on a Saturday afternoon and worked through the night, with only a couple of hours of napping and lots of thick, stubborn drudging through the wild fields, we call creativity.
Licensing is one of the few ways writers, labels and publishers are still making money. As a result, with the decline of recorded music sales, the marketplace has become very competitive since everyone including the MAJORS are competing, often for the same placements. This makes it very important to have a great representative, and/or be willing to put in the time and energy it takes to make contacts in this world…preferably both.
Since 2002 this multi-award-winning band has performed in over two-thousand venues across the United States and Canada entertaining thousands with their fusion of old time musical instruments, stunning vocals and modern beats… emerging with a fresh new style.
- Dawson Hollow Has a New Name, Look and Sound Since 2002 this multi-award-winning band has performed ...
- Singers and Smoking Motivation for quitting smoking, smoking cessation and ...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- 20 questions every band should answer Want to know if you’re cut out for a full-time music ca...
- The Doughnut Around BandCamp, Reverbnation and SoundCloud I’ve been familiar with all BandCamp, Reverbnation and ...
- How hard do you need to try to get yourself noticed #musicpromotion #headabovemusic #talent #musicindustry #artworld https://t.co/wdBkaNfqqD9 hours ago
- How hard do you need to try to get yourself noticed and what should your expectaions be in return?... https://t.co/QQxHqFFmGr9 hours ago
- Talent Will Get You Nowhere https://t.co/gFnutEtVrH9 hours ago
- #TBT Finding time to efficiently practice and stay on top of our game, while working around all the other things... https://t.co/ioUr8sATKWyesterday