Misadventures, Missed Turns And How Not To Be Famous On Tour: A Passage to India: Part II
I am an independent musician who has proudly played over 600 shows in 60 cities. I have done countless radio and tv interviews and built my own indie label, publishing and licensing company brick by brick. I have placed over 100 songs in films and television programs including The Matrix: Revisited and Animatrix, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, DVD’s of Nip/Tuck, The Closer, Ice Age 2, We Are Marshall
No more waiting for that record deal, manager or booking agent to get things done for you. You need to get your music heard in order to obtain all three of those goals alone. The 2010 Indie Bible gives you the tools and resources you need to get your music heard today.
He (Craig Buhler) told me it flows around the philosophy that “LESS is MORE!” and not complicating what should be simple. Something I have used from that day forward. It became a “Lotus Notes” catch phrase in my programming career, and soon was used in many Banking campaigns in Southern California, where banks were trying to win you over with all of the sorted crap they could muster and throw at you, to entice you to their ranks as a new customer.
So, how does your average musical genius go from penniless Pop Tart-eater to Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous? How do you move on up from mom’s garage to a deluxe apartment in the sky? What’s your first baby step on the Yellow Brick Road to fame and fortune? That’s simple…be committed!
I use priceline.com and hotwire.com to save money on the road. There are some inside tricks which you can google to find out. Here’s an example of what’s out there if you search around: http://www.gadling.com/2009/02/16/budget-travel-becoming-a-master-of-priceline-hotel-deals/. I also like betterbidding.com, a website which lists successful bids on priceline, by area, so you can get an idea of what hotels are actually going for on priceline. On average I pay about 50 a night (after tax) for a 2.5/3 star, and have gotten some awesome extended stay hotels for 35 a night, with a kitchen and full suite.
- Singers and Smoking Motivation for quitting smoking, smoking cessation and ...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- The O-Generator Acoustic Music Maker Make real music on-the-go!!! Whatever your musical abil...
- Dead Astronauts: Rebuilding and moving forward after loosing the other half of a duo Retro-synth is a genre that seems to really gaini...
- SPiVEY Chiefs Hideout SPiVEY is the long running project of Ryan Spivey out o...
- Check out this amazing video by Katie Rose Ferrara! We'll have more on https://t.co/a59Mo7uksF this week! https://t.co/cdyCzMxG6f3 hours ago
- https://t.co/MEuH41rHn72 days ago
- Use code DAD10 at checkout for $10 OFF the perfect #fathersday gift! AirTurn is offering $10 OFF until this... https://t.co/ibjIO1Rngs8 days ago
- Ryan gives us the in's and out of creating his newest EP, "Chief's Hideout". This is Intergalactic, Road Trip... https://t.co/S73F1dQbUo15 days ago