Inviting Other Musicians to Jam
his is a topic I think often gets overlooked. In my experience it can be an extremely invaluable experience for everyone involved. It may take some pre-planning, but if you keep the idea in mind then it won’t take much at all! The benefits of this are countless.
Licensing is one of the few ways writers, labels and publishers are still making money. As a result, with the decline of recorded music sales, the marketplace has become very competitive since everyone including the MAJORS are competing, often for the same placements. This makes it very important to have a great representative, and/or be willing to put in the time and energy it takes to make contacts in this world…preferably both.
Since 2002 this multi-award-winning band has performed in over two-thousand venues across the United States and Canada entertaining thousands with their fusion of old time musical instruments, stunning vocals and modern beats… emerging with a fresh new style.
To be blunt, find someone who likes your music; someone who believes in what you are doing. It’s easy for a publicist to charge a small band a lot money and not really doing anything, so make sure they dig your tunes, fit your style, and want to be a part of what you’re doing.
This is how DICKIE’s bio starts: DICKIE is a contrast in design. To pair a mid-forties gray-mopped “hang-it-up-already” pop songwriter and a striking mid-twenties classically trained violinist is simply a formula for deserved obscurity. But in practice, the balance proves a brilliant alliance.
- 20 questions every band should answer Want to know if you’re cut out for a full-time music ca...
- Independent Artist’s Daily And Monthly To-Do List Besides being a performer and a recording artist, you a...
- Singers and Smoking Motivation for quitting smoking, smoking cessation and ...
- Submit Articles
- The Doughnut Around BandCamp, Reverbnation and SoundCloud I’ve been familiar with all BandCamp, Reverbnation and ...
- Gibson Robinson keeping it's head above music explained by Arstechnica https://t.co/Tyg14AHXEz12 days ago
- I'm ready for this! https://t.co/3f4gWTdO2g40 days ago
- Spotify Files Papers For A $1 Billion Entry To The Stock Market The world's most popular music streaming service... https://t.co/GGDTgYTbuW80 days ago
- Hey Crew, I wanted to let you know that AirTurn is extending their NAMM 15% OFF Sale to everyone this weekend.... https://t.co/TBKIuoYc4a113 days ago